2018 Congressional summit on travel & tourism
July 17-19 in Washington, D.C.
The STS Congressional Summit on Travel & Tourism builds on our reputation as a national industry leader in Washington.
At this year's event, in addition to our Congressional visits, we will be hosting a Retirement Dinner for our President & CEO, Bill Hardman, who will be retiring this year after 21 years of leadership at Southeast Tourism Society. (The dinner is an optional add-on when registering)
$275/Congressional Summit & Hardman Retirement Dinner
$175/Congressional Summit Only
$125/Hardman Retirement Dinner Only
Key Bridge Marriott
1401 Lee Highway
Arlington, VA 22209
Tuesday, July 17
Wednesday, July 18
8:30a-Noon Policy Briefing with Breakfast - Tentatively at Capitol Visitor's Center (Location To Be Confirmed)
Noon-5pm Congressional Visits (Remember to schedule your meetings in advance with your members of Congress)
6:30pm Cocktail Reception prior to Hardman Retirement Dinner at Key Bridge Marriott hotel (Optional item that's part of dinner pricing)
7pm Bill Hardman Retirement Dinner at Key Bridge Marriott hotel (this is an optional add-on event to Congressional Summit registration.
Thursday, July 19
Morning/Afternoon Additional Congressional Visits
Afternoon - Summit Concludes
*Travel Media Meetup at Key Bridge Marriott - Hosted by Pineapple Public Relations - Promote your destination to travel writers (Optional Item/Event - more details & pricing will be posted soon)
At the summit you will:
- Network with Industry leaders, Federal partners and Congressional staff
- Work as a team. Take a stand on the issues impacting our industry.
- Get prepared! Learn about policy changes that could impact your business.
- Meet with representatives. Discuss the issues most important to Travel & Tourism.
- Come together as a united front and actively participate in the legislative process.