2019 Congressional Summit on Travel & Tourism
WASHINGTON, D.C. - June 11-13, 2019
The STS Congressional Summit on Travel & Tourism is advocacy in action. More Voices = More Impact.
STS members come together in Washington D.C. and, as a state, meet with their elected officials to discuss legislation that could positively or negatively impact their destinations and visitors. Prior to these meetings, STS provides attendees with a list of talking points, and topic-related guest speakers, so attendees have all the tools they need for a successful visit with their elected officials.
Contact your STS Congressional State Chair - a fellow STS member - for more details about your state.
What to Expect at the Summit
- Network with Industry leaders, Federal partners, and Congressional staff
- Work as a team. Take a stand on the issues impacting our industry.
- Get prepared! Learn about policy changes that could impact your business.
- Meet with representatives. Discuss the issues most important to Travel & Tourism.
- Come together as a united front and actively participate in the legislative process.
5:30p-7:30p Opening Reception - Gold Room/Rayburn Office Bldg
8:30a-Noon Policy Briefing with Breakfast - Capitol Visitors Center
Noon-5pm Congressional Visits (Remember to schedule your meetings in advance with your members of Congress)
Morning/Afternoon Additional Congressional Visits
Afternoon - Summit Concludes